Most of you have probably heard about Stitch Fix by now, but if you haven’t here’s a nice 30-second video that summarizes how this affordable personal styling service works.
Since my last fix was in July, I was extra excited to receive my fifth fix earlier this month. Kudos to my rock star stylist, Arielle, who selected another five items that I love having in my closet:
- Alice Blue Rosamond Crochet Detail Top (left): While I wasn’t so sure about this top in the box, I ended up loving it once I wore it. Plus it helps I received many compliments wearing this particular ensemble. I like that it’s flowy, fairly lightweight and doesn’t need a tank top underneath it—all important factors for the Houston heat. I paired this top with my favorite pair of jeans—Kensie Jeans’ Sophia Skinny Jeans—from a previous fix as well as my neutral wedge sandals. The bag I’m holding is the Street Level Anchorage Diamond Printed Tote, described below.
- Street Level Anchorage Diamond Printed Tote (left and middle): I absolutely love this bag, which has become my go-to, everyday purse/baby bag. There are two open compartments on either side, which close with a button, and a zippered compartment with two interior pockets in the middle. Now that my youngest is a year old and weaned, I downsized my baby bag to one pocket of my tote and finally am carrying a more grown-up bag that I take with me even when I’m kid-free, unless it’s date night. For that, I am thankful.
- Skies are Blue Ernie Crochet Detail Top (middle): This flowy, printed, lace racer-back top is one of my new favorites. However, I’m having trouble finding the right bra or tank to wear underneath it, as my strapless bras seem to be too high on the sides. Any suggestions? This is why I’m wearing a white cardigan over it. This top looks great with the tote and shorts I received in this fix and hits the mark as warm-weather-friendly, stylish casual pieces I requested. In fact, this photo was taken by one of my friends at our kids’ play date at a local park. I paired this ensemble with my white leather sandals.
- Liverpool Susie Bermuda Short (middle): I love these paired with the Skies are Blue Ernie Crochet Detail Top, but wasn’t sure what else I could wear with orange-ish shorts. Style cards to the rescue! The Stitch Fix style card for these shorts suggested it could also be paired with a grey-and-white striped shirt, so I went out and bought an inexpensive grey cotton v-neck t-shirt as another option to wearing these with a white t-shirt.
- Pixley Bogota Dress (right): While it’s hard to see in this photo of me wrangling my adorable children, I love the bright pink color, detail at the neckline and cinched waist of this dress. I have already worn it twice in the few weeks I’ve owned it, which is a big deal for me since I’m a stay-at-home/work-at-home part-time mom of two toddlers who doesn’t go out on the town often these days. As for footwear, I paired it with my silver sandals. If I wear this somewhere where I will be walking less and my children won’t be in attendance, I plan to pair it with heels.
As you likely already gathered from above, I kept all five items and enjoyed the 25% buy-all discount as well as two $25 credits from friends who received their first Stitch Fix. Thank you, Molly and Marsha!
If you’re interested in signing up for your first fix, you can do so with my referral link. Full disclosure: I do receive a $25 credit with Stitch Fix if you order a fix using my referral link. However, you’d be helping out a friend on a budget in justifying ordering another fix. 😉